Airhost built the One Stay app as a Free app. This SERVICE is provided by Airhost at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Data Collection and Uses
The app does use third party services that may collect information such as phone number used to identify you.
The data We collect
The following personal data is collected by or on behalf of Airhost:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Airhost accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment information (including related payment verification information)
- Guest information: We collect data when guests filling the hotel checkin form. This may include theire name, email, phone number, address, photo, passport, occupation, gender, nationality. We may use the photos submitted by users to verify their identities, such as through facial verification technologies
- Location Data: We may collect location data when guest doing the checkin verfication in the hotel.
- Payment information: We collect data when guests making a reservation or ordering a hotel service. This may include email, phone number and payment information (including related payment verification information)
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with hotel customer service agent, For example, we enable guests to to text, or send pictures customer service agent. To provide this service, Airhost receives some data regarding the texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Airhost may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our services and features, and for analytics.
How we use personal data
Airhost uses personal data to enable reliable and convenient products and services. We also use such data:
- to enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- for customer support
- for research and development
- to enable communications between hotel owners and guests
- to send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
Airhost does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
1. To provide our services
Airhost uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.This includes using data to:
- create/update accounts
- process payments
- track and share the progress of hotel reservations and services.
- perform necessary operations to maintain our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security.
Airhost uses personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- verifying users’ identity provide hotel checkin or checkout verification. Where permitted by law, this also includes performing facial verification of photographs submitted by users, or collected from public databases, to prevent identity-borrowing or to verify users’ identities.
- using device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud. This includes identifying fraudulent accounts or uses of our services, preventing use of our services by unauthorized access, verifying user identities in connection with certain payment methods, and preventing and combating unauthorized access to users’ accounts.
3. Customer support.
Airhost uses the information we collect to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns and to monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
4. Research and development.
We may use personal data for testing, research, analysis, product development to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
5. Enable communications between hotel owners and guests.
For example, a hotel guest may send text or files to the hotel to confirm the hotel address or available services, a hotel staff may contact a guest to confirm the checkin time, or the hotel’s restaurant person may call a recipient with information about their order.
6. Marketing communications.
Airhost may use personal data to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Hotel services, promotions, surveys, news, updates, and events. We may do so through various methods, including email, text messages, push notifications, in app communications.
7. Non-marketing communications.
Airhost may use personal data to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Airhost or its partners.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
This policy is effective as of 2021-09-08