Note: This article is only applicable to properties managed under Airhost Property Management System (PMS).
Airhost’s Auto Message feature automates the task of manually sending messages to each guest.
This article covers the following topics:
Types of Common Messages
- Select BOOKINGS > Booking’s Auto Messages to go to the Common Messages configuration page.
- Common Messages that can be configured are as follows:
|Message type||Send Time||Suggested Content|
|Auto Response||Upon first inquiry.
(Timing can be set.)
|Auto-reply to maintain within 1 hour response time.|
|Booking Confirmation||Can be set for 0 to 72 hours after a booking is confirmed.||Thank you for booking, etc.|
|Welcome Message||Can be set for 0 to 72 hours after a booking is confirmed.||URL information for downloading guide to property, etc.|
|3 Days Before Check-In||Can be set for 0 to 20 days before check-in.||Check-in procedure, guide download, etc.|
|5 Days Before Check-In||Can be set for 0 to 20 days before check-in.||Reminder on check-in procedure, guide download, etc.|
|Before Check-In||Can be set for 0 to 20 days before check-in.||Reminder on check-in procedure, etc.|
|After Check-In||Can be set for 0 to 20 days after check-in.||Check that guest checked in safely, confirm house rules, etc.|
|1st Day After Check-In||Can be set for 0 to 20 days after check-in.||Follow up that guest checked in safely, confirm house rules, etc.|
|Before Check-Out||Can be set for 0 to 20 days before check-out.||Remind guest on checkout time, procedure.|
|After Check-Out||Can be set for 0 to 20 days after check-out.||Ask for review, etc.|
|Guest Checked In
(Only for IoT enabled account)
|Upon guest check-in on IoT device.||Key information, room information, etc.|
- Click EDIT to open message editing window.
- In your message, tags can be used. Tags are replaced by the relevant information when messages are sent. Click on the tag where you want to insert the information in your message.
|Tag||Information||Where information is from|
|Guest Name||Acquired from booking information|
|Host Name||Channel Credentials page|
|Check-in Date||Acquired from booking information|
|Check-out Date||Acquired from booking information|
|Listing Name||House Detail page > SUMMARY tab|
|Check-in Time||House Detail page > SETTING tab|
|Check-out Time||House Detail page > SETTING tab|
|Check-in Guide||House Detail page > Edit > SETTING tab > Booklet|
|Extra Memo*||House Detail menu > Auto Messages|
|Phone Number||Channel Credentials page|
|Signature||Channel Credentials page|
|Key Information||House Detail menu > Subscription Add-Ons > CHECKIN tab
(Only valid if Checkin Add-On is activated.)
*Extra Memo tag is used for property specific messages. See Property Specific Extra Memos.
- We support English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean. There is a menu on the bottom of the message editor window for adding messages in selected languages.
Note: Airhost will send the message based on guest’s language preference that is provided by the guest’s booking’s Channel. If no such preference is provided, English will be the default.
- When you finish setting the message, turn on the Enable button on the top right corner and click SAVE at lower right corner to save the message.
Enable Auto Message for Property
- To start sending the configured Auto Messages, go to the property’s House Detail menu > Auto Messages setting and enable the messages you want to send.
Tip: You can select the property under LISTING MANAGEMENT > Property List (Pro).
You have successfully set up Auto Messages for your property.